Puget Sound Indie Arts in Edmonds - Part 4!
Monday, May 5, 2008
It's coming! It's coming! The Puget Sound Indie Arts (PSIA) Spring Arts & Crafts show at Artworks in Edmonds is coming this weekend! PSIA will be holding their first joint Arts & Craft Fair and have chosen Edmonds as their city! I'm super excited, not only because I'll be one of the vendors... but because I live close to Edmonds! Yay!
So, I'm on Part 4 of my introduction to all the participating vendors. If you've missed any of them, you can check out Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3 in my previous blogs.
You aren't going to believe the talent in the next handful of artists that I'll be sharing with you... like the others, they are pretty remarkable!
ArtworkSW
Until tonight, I admit, this was another one of the PSIA members that I didn't know. I had no idea what kind of art work I would see when I clicked on the link to her Etsy store. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised and a bit in awe of the amount of work that goes into these beautifully detailed pieces.
Check them out! She draws all of her art work in black and white with a fine tipped pen. Wow! Check out the detail in her Hydrangea!
My other favorite pieces in her store (you have to visit it... it's fun to browse!) are the greeting cards. I especially love the Dragon Fly... simple design - but intricately detailed! I can't imagine the amount of time it would take to finish one of these.
I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to seeing these in person!
Baubles by Hand (and It's Made at Home)
Meghan of Baubles by Hand is a busy lady! Not only does she make fabulous jewelry... but she also has a second store which caters more toward kids... play dough
(read my blog about her store here)!On top of both stores, she also holds a day job!
I've heard that she will have both things at the show on Saturday... as well as her brightly colored magnets. Look at those photos! Would you be surprised to hear that she is an interior designer as well as a graphic designer? I envy her photos! As Marlo would say, my photos want to be like her photos.
Meghan also uses ceramic pendants in many of her jewelry pieces that are hand made by her talented mother. I can't wait to see what unique pieces she has in store for this upcoming craft show!
Oh - AND she contributed to the 50 free swag bags for the first people through the doors!
Common Object Jewelry (Livewire)
Julie of Common Object Jewelry is so fun to be around. She has a great sense of humor and so much talent! I've been to her work studio where she teaches mosaics (ya, I know, I'm showing you jewelry here... but her talents go far beyond) and it's definitely a place of creativity!
I envy Julie for many reasons... one, she lives on a house boat... two, she has children that are grown and out of the house... and three, she has oodles and oodles of talent!
Okay, enough gushing about her... now, I'll gush about her jewelry. Look at all the adorable monkeys! Do you remember these common objects? Perhaps the memory of the one on the left is a little fuzzy... let me help you out. I'm fairly certain I've seen that monkey hanging around a cocktail or two. And the chain of monkeys - do you remember those cool Barrel O Monkeys??? Okay, that one is currently sold... but maybe she'll have them at the show... the one this Saturday in Edmonds! Check her out!
I Make Cute Stuff
And finally, last, but certainly not least... there is Marlo of I Make Cute Stuff. I saved hers for the end of this blog because she has so many links, I figured it would take me a while... and trust me, you don't want to miss any of them!
Marlo, aka - PSIA assistant organizer , is a gal of many, many talents. True to her name, she makes cute stuff! She those bags on the left... well, they are magic! They fold into themselves and into one cute little bundle that can fit nicely into your purse. Go green! Not only will these little babies save tons of paper and plastic grocery bags at the store... but they are also made from "recycled, repurposed, upcycled and remnant fabrics". She'll have even more at the show!
Oh... and for the comic book lover... check out her pendants! She has many others including BIFF!, Bang! and KaPow! These are just the tip of the iceberg as far as her jewelry. Though she probably won't have any of these pieces at the show, it's worth checking out her other shop - MarloM and her website. That's her day job.
See, I promised some talented artists... and there are more to come! This is going to be a fabulous craft show... you really should stop by. And if you can't make it as one of the first 50 - stop in any time... we are also having hourly give-aways!



0 comments:
Post a Comment