Fan Hearts - Tutorial

Monday, January 26, 2009

These hearts are super simple to make and they look really cute hanging around the house. I did a lazy version using tape to close them because I couldn't find my hole punch.

All you need is paper (I used a scrapbook paper that was red on one side and white on the other because we were fresh out of red or pink construction paper - the white one in the picture is made from normal white printer paper), scissors, string and tape (or a hole punch - you can also use glue if you are a patient person).
Start by rounding the edges of your paper. It's best to use a rectangular piece of paper so that you end up with a capsule shape.
Accordion fold the paper along the longest side. The side of your fold will depend on the size of your paper. I was using a paper that was about 4 x 6, so my folds are about a half inch deep.
Once you have it folded into a fan, fold it in the center.
Here's where you can vary how you finish it. I used tape and taped the two ends together with a string. I would preferred to have used a hole punch and tied the string on. You can also glue it closed.

And that's it! Make lots of them and hang them in your window.

27 comments:

Dee Light January 28, 2009 at 5:34 AM  

Cute idea. We'll be making this today.

Sam January 30, 2009 at 3:07 AM  

This looks great - I shall be trying this. Thanks :-)
Via Crafty Crow

Barbara January 30, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

Found you via Craftzine - thanks for a great idea!

Angie Muldowney January 30, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Awesome; so simple, so quick, so cool!

SmilynStef January 30, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Very fun ... love this idea.

Pastiche January 31, 2009 at 6:48 AM  

Ah, simple and sweet paper craft - my favorite ... linking to this project from Valentine Crafts for Kids.

Anonymous,  January 31, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

Hi!

Today I posted an entry on my blog with a link to this tutorial.

Would you let me know if that's OK?

Thanks,

Nancy Ward
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  February 2, 2009 at 4:00 AM  

I BE MAKEING THESES AND SHAREING with OTHERS THIS WAS GREAT THANK YOU
it just great the way bloger share
cant belive feb already here

SmilynStef February 5, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

Thanks for the great tutorial. Here's my Folded Heart Card

Feisty_Granny February 7, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

How nice this is! I'm making them from half sheets of origami paper.

Thank you!

Brooke February 11, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

This gives me an idea for a Valentine dinner table setting: press the fan folds into rounded cloth napkins to make the same heart shape.

Anonymous,  December 29, 2009 at 2:08 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Noel Giger January 6, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Thanks for this tutorial! I added a link from my blog... http://noelgiger.blogspot.com/2010/01/eco-chic-wreath-for-valentines.html with a shout out to your Esty shop as well!

flowers delivery belgium July 23, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

Your article is written very content, All of the projects look great! Keep the Ball Rolling. Thanks!
we are offering to delivery flower to Korea

Mama Niccicoco February 10, 2011 at 7:45 AM  

very simple and sweet! thanks for posting this!

john September 7, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

Very interesting thanks. I believe there's even more that could be on there! keep it up
buy ritalin online

buy online percocet September 16, 2011 at 3:24 PM  

I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.

Abby September 19, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

i always appreciate people who share creativity with us thanks for the post keep posted and make me learn more buy valium online

Anonymous,  September 30, 2011 at 3:21 AM  

Very interesting thanks. I believe there's even more that could be on there! keep it up


find doctor

Silviu October 17, 2011 at 3:19 AM  

Awesome idea!Now I know how to make my own hearts ;)


Frankye about asteroids Silviu

saim December 7, 2011 at 3:39 AM  

Thanks for the information. I’m really glad that you share your ideas about this. I must relay these ideas to my friends.


wholesale krill oil

wholesale Curcumin

Anonymous,  December 29, 2011 at 3:34 AM  

I really found very interesting about these topic because you have good content and unique thoughts on writing. So this might be useful to everyone. I really look forward some more updates. Thanks for sharing.
maquinas de coser

maquinas de bordar

saim February 10, 2012 at 2:24 AM  

Thanks for the information. I’m really glad that you share your ideas about this. I must relay these ideas to my friends.



best over the counter sleep aid

Anonymous,  April 16, 2012 at 4:50 AM  

Interesting blog,very nice,thanks for sharing.
24 hour locksmith

talha May 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM  

Wonderful site and I wanted to post a note to let you know, ""Good job""! I’m glad I found this blog. Brilliant and wonderful job ! Your blog site has presented me most of the strategies which I like. Thanks for sharing this.


laptop screen fix

Unknown June 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM  

Wow!! What a great writing, really I appreciate such kind of topics. It will be very helpful for us. Waiting for more articles,

blogs like this. I’m going bookmark your blog for future reference. Thanks a lot for sharing this.melbourne pc repair

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP