BBQin' - Teriyaki Sauce Recipe

Thursday, July 9, 2009

I love summer here in Washington. I used to dread it a bit more when I lived in California - the hot weather always made me a bit uncomfortable. But we've made Washington home and I now look forward to summer every year. The nice weather, growing our garden (green makes me happy), all the free activities in the area... and of course, BBQing. I love the taste of food off the grill - my favorites being grilled veggies and kabobs.

Last weekend we cooked up some chicken teriyaki kabobs with peppers and pineapple - and they delicious, if I do say so myself. I thought I'd share my versatile teriyaki recipe here (the one I grew up on). Each time I change it up a bit.
Teriyaki Sauce
Ingredients:
  • Soy Sauce
  • Brown Sugar
  • Wine (I use a White Zin because that's what I usually have on hand - but you can try different kinds)
Measure equal parts soy sauce, brown sugar and wine. Heat (I often use the microwave to save time) to combine. I let the sauce cool a bit before I marinate in it. Or you can put the chicken (pork, beef, salmon all taste great too) in a fry pan, poor in some sauce and cook it up... yum!
For the kabobs I added a bit of orange juice (idea was my dad's). I also normally add some ginger because I like the flavor. I use the recipe as a base and I alter it a little each time. I'd love to hear your ideas for changing it up a bit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP