Mini Toasted Ravioili Tutorial

Friday, June 19, 2009

Yesterday we had many commitments - which meant, no Tea Time Thursday. But the kids were happy because I still managed to make them a Bento lunch for them to eat on the way to the preschool playdate.

Contents: Grapes and Carrots (supposed to be trees), dinosaur jelly sandwich on top of sweet potato chips and mini toasted raviolis (tutorial to follow).

I'm not sure the kids got that I tried to make this into a picture - they were too excited to have a bento again as it's been about two weeks since I've made one for them. They devoured it as usual. The toasted raviolis, in particular, were a big hit. I have trouble getting pasta down my daughter so I look forward to trying to find some with meat filling to see if she'll eat them. It would be great to get both pasta and protein down her.

Mini Toasted Ravioli Tutorial

Ingredients:

  • Mini Ravioli cooked per directions on package and tossed in a small amount of olive oil (we used some from Trader Joes - they were left overs from the night before)
  • Bread Crumbs (I had plain bread crumbs so I added garlic salt, Italian seasoning and pepper but you could use just Italian seasoned bread crumbs)
Step 1: Separate ravioli and drop into a small bowl of bread crumbs. As long as you separate them before putting them in the bread crumbs, you can do several at a time.


Step 2: Lightly coat each ravioli with bread crumbs - because mine came out of the fridge and had been tossed in olive oil, the bread crumbs stuck great. If you are cooking the ravioli specifically for this I recommend cooling them completely and patting them dry as it will take longer to toast them if they are wet.


Step 3: Place them out flat on a cookie sheet. I cooked them in our toaster oven and it worked great - about 6 minutes on each side set to bake at 425.

I toasted them until they were visibly crisp on one side, then I turned them and cooked them about the same amount of time until they turned a light brown. I'm sure I could have cooked them longer for a nice golden brown but I was in a hurry to get them into the Bento boxes (as they need to be cool when put into a Bento box).

1 comments:

Dawn June 19, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

I don't know if you've ever had St. Louis style toasted ravioli, but it's one of my favorite things in the world, and I can't get it in Seattle. I'm going to try this recipe, though, and see if it reminds me of home. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP