Peanut Butter Apple Sushi Tutorial

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This makes a great snack. I'm not a huge fan of apples - but I think I could handle eating them this way. I might be making these for my own snacks when hunger strikes. I put together a quick tutorial so you can give it a try too! Sorry about the shadows, I guess didn't notice that the sun came out in the middle of making the tutorial :)


Ingredients:
Bread
Peanut Butter
Apple (sliced into thin slices)

Step 1: Cut crusts off a slice of bread (this is necessary to make it easier to roll. You could always leave one side on and use that the side you start your roll).

Step 2: With a rolling pin, flatten the bread. If you don't have a rolling pin, the bottom of a pan or even your hands will work). I roll along the short side to make the bread slightly longer.

Step 3: Spread peanut butter over entire piece of bread. Be sure to get the edges as this is what will keep the roll closed.

Step 4: In a line along the long side of the bread (closer to one edge), place your apple strips. You will need to experiment with the amount of apple slices as it depends on the size of your bread (and too many can vary the taste of the entire roll).

Step 5: From the bottom edge, tightly roll the bread around the apples. Press the edge tightly against the roll to seal.

Step 6: Cut your roll into slices (about 3/4 of inch seems to be a nice size).

This would be a great "cooking" project for kids. Simple steps and lots of fine motor skills needed.

7 comments:

Be Brave, Keep Going April 29, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

so great! I'll be linking to this Sunday on my links post! It looks so yummy!

Chrissy April 30, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

This looks like the perfect snack for my girls! I've posted a link from my blog. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown April 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

This would be good with banana's too!

Vone April 30, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

Yum - great to mix it up from my daughters daily PB&J sandwiches

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans May 7, 2009 at 7:03 AM  

This is SO CUTE! I also think that Bananas would be yummy too! Thanks for the tutorial!

Shellie May 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

I put this in my daughter's lunch today and she loved it! Thanks for sharing the tutorial ;)

Liv October 7, 2009 at 5:49 AM  

I just made this for my girls. Fantastic! Many thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP