Puget Sound Indie Arts in Edmonds - Part 2
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Here is the second of numerous blogs I will be doing about the artists who will be at the Puget Sound Indie Arts show on May 10th. You can read the first of these posts here!
These are not in any particular order... (I apologize again if formatting is off. Blogger tends to do that when you have photo heavy blogs - I've tried to fix it)
I have met Beth, the artist behind Wire Tree, once I believe. We didn't have much time to talk, but I feel like I've come to know her just from our communications online and her blog... she's a warm person as well as a talented jewelry artist.
Beth also has a blog - which I enjoy reading from time to time. She has documented her journey of jewelry craftsman to seller very well... and I love reading about all of her ups and downs. I also enjoy her beautiful and simple jewelry. She describes her shop as "Jewelry crafted from sterling silver, fine silver, semi-precious stones, and beads are inspired by the natural world."
Beth is also a photographer (though she doesn't currently have any photos in her shop). The photo I've included is one of my favorites... and it's sold.
Come see her latest creations at the PSIA Show in Edmonds on May 10th. I believe Beth has also contributed to our free gift bags for the first 50 people.
*~*~*~*
I don't know Mary Newton personally... but browsing through her store, I have found numerous pieces that I'd love to own. Of course, with my kids, jewelry is dangerous. But check her out! The "Lucky" earrings were hand stamped and they have a bit of a hammered texture giving it a really organic appearance. Hmmm... do you think they would bring you good luck? Might be worth a try!
She also has a sale section... and it contains some awesome pieces! Check out "Imagine That"!. Can you tell I really love the hand stamping in the sterling silver?
Check her out at the show! I know I'm looking forward to seeing her there!
*~*~*~*
Another artist that I haven't personally met. But for some reason, I picture Marin as a very energetic and fun person to be around. I wonder...
Anyhow, she is a knitter among other things. She knits hats, scarves and the fabulous arm warmers that I've pictured to the left. Apparently she started knitting arm warmers out of pure survival at her day job. Check out her blog and read more!And are you a coffee drinker that loves a little chocolate now and then? Look at her delicious looking spoon dippers! She sells these as well in her shop and from the look of her sales from these... they've been popular! I'm not a coffee drinker. But if I was, I'd be giving these a try because I am definitely a chocolate lover!
Can't wait to meet Marin! Saturday, May 10th @ Artworks in Edmonds. Be there because she will be!
*~*~*~*
Okay, now for a seller that's a little more off the wall. Rosalie of Ugly Baby - creator of Shower Art, is a hoot! Really, I'd need a feature just about her to give you a proper introduction. Maybe soon! But for now, I'll give you the condensed version.
Shower art is resin pieces that Rosalie and her husband make for hanging in your shower... although as she states; "Or anywhere else. We're no dictators". While she does a few cute ones... most of hers are hilarious. A few of my favorites are You Have A Big Gigantic Brain, Never Marry a Ninja, and How Come I See Butt (the last one is sold... but I had to share).Recently, she started making cards. She got a Gocco (I'm jealous) and so, she now makes Tater cards. I pictured my favorite one. On the inside... it says "Tater Toot". You can buy it in her store... or you can just come to the show on Saturday, May 10th.
One more thing, check out Rosalie's other endeavor, bARTersauce.




0 comments:
Post a Comment