Puget Sound Indie Arts in Edmonds - Part 3!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Another round of artist that will be attending the Arts and Craft show on Saturday, May 10th (day before Mother's Day!). Check out Part 1 & Part 2. The show will be held at Artworks in Edmonds, WA. If you are in the area... you will want to come check it out! The first 50 people will get a free gift bag of sample products from many of the Puget Sound Indie Arts group. Over 20 artists contributed! No fliers and paper in these bags!
Here's some more of what you can expect!... (I'm sure again, formatting will be off. Forgive me - or forgive blogger as I try every time to fix it).
Woven Chains
I've ordered from Woven Chains before. I have to tell you, her stuff is fantastic! The key chains pictured... are addictive. I bought three to give as a gift and I ended up keeping all three of them!
Trina is the artist behind these fantastic creations. She's such a fun and wonderful person and she loves what she does! I think it shows in her work. You need to touch and feel these things... soooo cool in person.
Trina links hundreds of little tiny (I mean tiny) rings together to form various chainmaille designs. Look at all the work that goes into the beautiful bracelet that I've featured on the right. Trust me, you'll want to check her store out. And if you are in the Puget Sound... it's worth checking her stuff out in person.
Trina also contributed great samples of her work to the 50 free gift bags. Be one of the first 50 through the door and you might be lucky enough to own one of her fantastic pieces!
*~*~*~*
Scary White Girl
So different from WovenChains, but another one of my favorite Etsy sellers. I've ordered numerous hats from Scary White Girl Designs. They are my daughter's favorite hats. She never wants to leave the house now without a hat!
Dawn, although a bit on the white side, is not scary at all. In fact, she's a real great person! She has a very eclectic store offering something for all ages and genders. From ACEOs to crocheted items like the hilarious decapitated dollie pictured.
She can crochet like no one's business! She makes crocheted food, animals, flowers and so much more! All of which are her own design.
Check her out at the show on May 1oth! Oh... and those gift bags include a little something from her shop as well.
*~*~*~*
Catalyst Designs
Okay, I'll be honest, I don't know anything about Catalyst Designs. And until this feature, I hadn't even been to her store! But I am so glad I found it (PSIA is such a talented group!).
Here's a little bit about her from her profile : "I began making jewelry as a young child. It was "found art" style composed of papers, feathers, shells, beads, computer parts--whatever was available and caught my eye. I try to hold on to that same open-minded spirit in my new mediums."
Perusing through her store (not a lot of items listed right now - perhaps preparing for next weekend?), I fell in love her her swirls! She has done that by hand! Both sets of earring I've pictured are so unique and hopefully a small preview of what we see next weekend.
*~*~*~
Sweetpea Cards and Gifts
Are you shopping for more of cards and candles kind of person? No worries! We have that covered as well~ Sweetpea Cards and Gifts is just what you are looking for.
Sherrie makes various soy candles and unique cards. She makes her candles both scented and unscented. Her candles are all soy, so they burn longer than wax candles! Her cards are creative and, although not currently in her shop, she makes some fantastic gift tags!
Sherrie is the driving force behind the PSIA Arts and Crafts show next weekend. She is organizing the whole shebang! And she's doing a mighty fine job! In addition to the huge job of organizing it, she's also preparing for this show as well as another one the day before! Now that's a busy lady!
Can't wait for next weekend! It's going to be so much fun!



3 comments:
Thank you for the feature! You are one of my favorite PSIA/EtsyRain sellers as well, and I'm saving my pennies for Cassie to pick something from your table next Saturday!!!
I loved your commnet about Dawn being white but not scary. It made me laugh out loud at work, and everyone looked at me a bit funny!
You ROCK, Kayce.
Thanks so much for the feature!
I was once told that I was translucent, and that if I get any more pale, I will be invisible. Seattle weather ought to help with that. :)
(ScaryTranslucentGirl just doesn't have the same flow...)
Thanks for the lovely comments Kayce! I can't wait for this Saturday.
Post a Comment