Preparing for the Furry Friends Festival
Friday, February 20, 2009
Tomorrow Robbie and I will be at the Furry Friends Festival benefiting the animals that were rescued from several puppy mills in the area. We just got back from setting up our tables and it looks like it's going to be quite the event. I hope everyone comes out to support this great cause. There will be a children's activity area, entertainment, lots of craft vendors (all handmade items) and much more.
I'll only be taking items from the On A Whimm store. That store was always a catch-all store for my many other creations... but lately it has taken on an identity of it's own and it has gained it's own popularity. Unfortunately, I haven't ordered business cards for the store though. So, I thought it would at least be nice to have a sign. I decided to make it a banner that could hang along the front of the table. I will take pictures tomorrow once I get the table set up... I'm pleased with how it came out.
I got frustrated sewing such a large piece (it's on a flat sheet) in the small area that I have around my sewing machine (and I even cleaned around it a little). I finally stopped using the sewing machine and sewed all black pieces by hand. Sadly, I think it was easier that way. It has me a little worried about my charm quilt. I don't have the time or patience to quilt it by hand - so I'm going to have to really clean off my work table so that there is plenty of room. I don't want to sweep everything off with every turn of the blanket :)I'm sad that I had to take my parents to the airport today... but it does mean that I should be back on a regular blogging schedule again soon. I have many tutorials & patterns that I hope to work on and get posted soon. I also hope to have some time to work on my charm quilt. The other gals are moving right along and I'm feeling pressure to make more progress than I have. Of course, I'm at the ironing point again - so I have to get past that hurdle. I'd estimate maybe having the top of the quilt done by the end of next week. Keep your fingers crossed!



3 comments:
It's fantastic!
Ever think of using hot glue? That may sound sacreligious to a seamstress but.... works well on cloth.
hahaha - no, a glue gun never occured to me. I guess I rarely think of glue and fabric together.
Hi, I was a volunteer at this festival yesterday. I didn't have much time to see all the vendors, but I applaud you for your work and for attending! Thanks for making it a success.I hope you had a fun and profitable day. :)
Post a Comment