It's Coming Along

Monday, February 9, 2009

I can actually see progress. Of course, now comes the tedious part of ensuring that I sew them together in the way that I've settled on.



This is how much I did with the kids helping. I had already matched the squares in sets of two by color and value to make it a little easier when laying it out on the floor.


Of course, I could have gone completely random - but to save myself frustration, I went with a little order. When I was putting them out - I didn't fuss too much over how they went together. I just wanted the colors to flow nicely.


My quilt top is 20 x 25 squares. A total of 500 squares (250 scraps - yay!) I was glad that the number came out perfectly and that I didn't have to leave any out. There is one fabric that is blue with stars that looks almost like a duplicate but it is slightly different so I left it in (I didn't want to have to cut another scrap). I think it's probably the same fabric, just a different run.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it so far. I still have it sitting out on the floor while I determine the best way to pick it up. This is always the part that I dread.

This week will be preparing for Lyssie's birthday... so I'm not sure that I'll make much progress on it this week. We did find her a party dress yesterday (pink with polka dots) and I picked up a few things for the favors. I just need to figure out the menu, have the kids complete the decorations... and of course, clean the house.

I've also got a few patterns that I'm working to convert to a PDF so that I can share them. I think it's time that I do something with all of my designs that I don't end up making for the shops. So, stay tuned - as soon as I figure out how I'm going to do the PDF thing, I'll start sharing them with the world!

Muffin tin for today is Valentine Red - I'll be posting it later today after Robbie gets home from school!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  February 9, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

Kayce I nomintated you for an award.... come to my blog and see!

Domestic Ambitions February 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

I am so crazy in love with the way you are doing your quilt! I may have to be a copy cat as I have not decided how I am going to do mine! It looks great!

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) February 10, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

Wow! It looks so great already! You have such a great eye for color...they do blend quite nicely! I need to get my quilty self together we can have a piecing day sometime!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP