Homemade Christmas Gifts

Friday, December 26, 2008

Now that it's after Christmas, I can share some of the presents that I made for my family. We had a great, low key (as low as it can be with two young kids) Christmas.

I made these pot holders for my dad who likes to do a lot of cooking. I printed a few of my drawings on some fabric that I ran through the printer (iron freezer paper on the back of cotton)
I used two layers of the heat resistant batting (not sure of the proper name for the stuff) on the inside and I quilted it down around the drawings. I was pleased with how they came out. I made him two pear ones and one apple.
I was pleased with how these printed out and hope to experiment with these images for other items in the future.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I'll be sharing more gifts as I get the chance. My time on the computer is limited right now as I'm trying to spend lots of time with family while they are in town.
And it's still snowing. I'm still waiting for the much missed rain to wash all the white away.

1 comments:

Char / Stitchary! December 29, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

I love these. I'm confused though. How did you transfer your drawings to your fabric? You said freezer paper? Please share. :-) I love this idea and it could help me transfer some of my ideas to embroidery patterns.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP