Gloom, Gloom, Gloom - It's a matter of perspective
Thursday, November 6, 2008
This sad image is one of the first things I see when I go to log into my Google account. I know it's hard to believe, but I have a hard time staying upbeat when the forecast looks like this.
You know, this is still my favorite time of year though. That time of year when it only seems right that at the end of the day, I settle into my bed - tv on with a nice warm cup of hot chocolate (and peppermint schnapps). Or it seems only right that the kids would want to just cuddle under a blanket with me on the rocking chair and read a nice long book that puts us all to sleep.
I'm hoping that the forecast remains like this through the winter... but I'm sure soon it'll start dropping down to freezing and those rain drops will change into little white snow flakes. I'm just not ready for that. Thinking of those days, makes me thankful that the forecast looks like it does.



1 comments:
I totally look forward to falls and winters in Seattle, much more than I ever did at home. It's not that I don't appreciate the light out till 10 p.m. and gorgeous blue skies of summer. I just like the gray and rain. I think that's part of why we moved here. :)
Post a Comment