5 Little Pumpkins
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I've been meaning to spend more crafty time with my daughter while her brother is at school. My son and I used to do these things all the time when it was just the two of us - but with the addition of his sister, it just never seemed to fit well into our schedule. Now, I'm forcing it into my schedule. It was a good thing that I chose today to do this. While she and I were in the middle of our project I got a call (thankful I had my phone working again) from my son's bus driver. Apparently, today was a short day and I missed him at his bus stop. After picking up a distressed kid... I was thankful that I had a project already planned to distract him.
We started off my making pumpkin faces with the print out from here. I printed it up on orange paper since it was originally for my daughter and I wanted to make it simple for her (I would have lost her interest if she had to color it as well).
Then I made a page with 5 pumpkins on it (I'm including the picture of them in the hopes that you can click on it and print it. If not, I took the pumpkin clip art from here - and then changed the shape of it and flipped it a few times to make each pumpkin different.
I had the kids cut the pumpkins out first (this was my primary objective - to get my daughter cutting something other than confetti). I worked with her on how to hold the scissors correctly and how to turn the paper while cutting. It took us a bit, but I think she did a great job, never cutting into the pumpkin... and not cutting herself or me! Then I had them make a face on each pumpkin. We taped Popsicle sticks to the back of the pumpkin - and voila! They have their own set of The Five Little Pumpkins.
My daughter chose to glue googly eyes on hers... but my son insisted that googly eyes would just be too silly for halloween.




0 comments:
Post a Comment