First day of preschool
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Today was my daughter's first day of preschool. She's been looking forward to this day since Robbie started going to Kindergarten (he's now a first grader).
Last night over dinner, I reminder her that she'd be going to school the following day. She was excited.
"Are you going with me?"
"No, Daddy will be taking you"
"Will Daddy be staying with me?"
"No, he's going to drop you off and then go to work. I'll be picking you up after school"
"Yay! I get to go to school all by myself!"
A victory dance followed this little conversation.
I am so thankful that my kids enjoy school. She obviously had a good time because when we got home, she was singing "Waterloo" while eating lunch. She's a happy little girl.
Here's her special First Day of School muffin tin (her idea) - she was excited that she got to use her heart muffin tin. We only have one, so when her brother is around... we can't use it. He is, after all, the police of everything fair.
Contents: Carrots, string cheese, hot dog cut into pieces, left over pizza, crackers and grapes.
Her lunch request was hot dogs and pizza. I lucked out and had both of them in the fridge. She ate like a champ. This is one of the big advantages to her brother being away for lunch - she actually eats. When he's around, they are both too busy being silly and entertaining each other. Apparently, mom is not nearly as entertaining.
And as promised, here are my son's bento lunches from the week. Since we let him buy lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays, and it was a short week, I only had to make two lunches.

Wednesday's Bento: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on top of apple chips (you can't see them, but it helps to push everything up to the top so that things don't spill over), edamame, raisins and cranberries, and a special cookie. I smashed the cookie on top of the whole thing.

Thursday's Bento: Rice, Salmon, Edamame, raisins and cranberries, pretzel sticks and an egg with a few chocolate pieces.
My kids never get treats and I'm finding it fun to stick on into his bento every now and then. Who doesn't like a little surprise, right?



3 comments:
It was my little girl's first day of junior kindergarten - same thing was preschool. She loved it.
So you can bring peanuts into the school - in Canada everywhere is nut free. It's a pain since all Lilo wants to eat is PB&J.
No - our preschool is completely nut free as well. The bentos are for my son who is in first grade. They have not told me that his lunch needs to be nut free. Suppose I should check that though. Thanks!
What an adorable happy face! I'm so excited for her!
Post a Comment