Tackle it Tuesday
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
I'm back to tackling the huge pile of tshirts. They are overflowing their boxes and I refuse to give them another one. I will gain control of the situation! So, I've decided that I need to try to do larger things that will use more scraps at once.
I have been watching (reading) Katy pound out these cute little draw strings bags and decided to give it a try. I can understand why she loves them so much. Nearly instant gratification. So easy with a great result. I think finding the fabric and cutting it took me longer than sewing it.
Of course, I'm horrible at actually reading and following directions. So, I glanced at the pictures and decided that was enough to get me going. It's so easy - that the quick glance was plenty and the bag went together in a snap. I cute my pieces 10" x 12" and the casing 10" x 2" (I'll make it bigger for the next bag I think). I used a lace that's been kicking around my workspace. I'm not sure where it came from... but it works perfectly. Hope it doesn't belong to anything important :)
Lyssie was immediately drawn to the bag and proclaimed it hers. I made it with her in mind, so that's fine by me. I need to make one for Robbie now. I'm looking forward to scrapping a few pieces together to see what it looks like. Oh - did I mention that the bag is reversible? Yep, you're going to want to give this pattern from Pink Penguin a try!
I'm certain there are plenty more bags in my future.



2 comments:
I Love the hearts! I keep eyeing that tutorial too. It's on the (giant) to-do list...
Just darling Kayce! Really, really cute. Isn't it a fun, easy pattern? So easy to adjust and very forgiving. Looking forward to seeing more as your addiction progresses.
Post a Comment