Muffin Tin Monday - Purple and Blue

Monday, January 19, 2009

It's been a while since I've participated in any themed Muffin Tins over at Her Cup Overfloweth (today's is hosted by Junior Mints and Reeses). So I made it a point in participating in this one. Robbie and Lyssie helped me at the grocery store yesterday finding foods that were blue and purple... I had the extra challenge of keeping it low in sugar. I figure if I wasn't going to be able to stick to including all the food groups, the least I could do is make sure that there wasn't too much sugar.



We came up with Blue Potato Chips (although they look purple), Blueberry muffin & Blue jello stars for blue. The blue jello will also be used in our Presidential Inauguration party tomorrow. Once Robbie gets home from school, I hope to make the day about welcoming a new President... or at the very least, making sure they know who he is and what he does (in general terms).

For purple we have raisins, Marionberry yogurt, and Red Potato fries. Robbie insisted that the red potatoes were really purple. I didn't argue long as it was easy enough to make them into fries and I didn't have any other ideas for purple.

Looking forward to the next themed Muffin Tin - Yellow.

3 comments:

Annie January 19, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

Great tin!! Thanks for participating this week! :)

Heidi Boos January 19, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Lunch looks yummy! I love the blue jello. Great idea with the Inauguration party tomorrow!

Bobbi & Noe January 19, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Yum! Yum! Yum! I was thinking the same thing about blueberries and what I can use for tomorrows red/white/blue meal! Those muffins look delish~

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP