A Full Week of No School

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I was never that fortunate growing up. Of course, I grew up in sunny California where I can count the number of days of snow we had on just one hand. Even though I don't care for snow... I'm glad that my kids do get a little taste of it every year.


I'm also glad that this time around, we didn't get the worst of it. We had about 5 inches of snow today... not much in comparison with areas around us. It was enough to close the schools and keep my husband home (he actually stayed home because freeways to work were closed in places and they got near 11 inches of snow in the area he works!).

So we enjoyed a nice relaxing family day at home. My husband took the kids out sledding for a bit. I think Robbie is addicted. Of course, had our hill been a bit steeper, he probably wouldn't have liked it as much. Our hill requires a continuous push - perfect for someone who is not much of a thrill seeker.

Of course a week of missed school... means a longer school year. That's a shame.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP