It's just my opinion
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Recently I have acquired a few new tools. New toys... and coincidentally, they both have lights! The first one I bought during our road trip (really, it was just on the last day of the trip) so that I could continue to crochet in the dark. It was a desperate attempt to keep my hands busy - I tend to think less about my body aches and pains when my hands are busy.
I was reserved in my expectations for this hook. And really, out of 5 stars... I would probably give it a 4. It worked great... although my husband and I joked that it was going to cause him to have a seizure while he was driving. I'll probably use this more while I'm sitting in bed and I have low light... and less while my husband is driving. But it did the job. It takes a while to get used to the wider grip. I often roll the hook in my hand when I'm crocheting... and I wasn't able to with this hook. Not really a big deal. All in all, I'm pleased with it as an addition to my crochet hooks.
Before I left town, I treated myself out to a day of shopping and lunch with a few friends. We went to the store Stitches in Seattle and I picked up a seam ripper... with a light of course. I figured this would be helpful in my dimly lit work area.
I used it tonight when I needed to rip a few stitches out of a knit. Out of 5 stars, I'd give this product a 2. Yep, I wasn't impressed. I only give it a 2 because it still functions as a seam ripper with a pretty good grip. But the light was useless. It cast a bit of a bluish color which distorted the color of the fabric and the thread making it even more difficult to see the difference between the two. I ended up turning the light off and ripping the seam out with the low light that I am used to in my work area.



0 comments:
Post a Comment