I'm am excited to be starting a New Year... not that 2009 wasn't good to me. But it seems (with my business) every year that goes by just gives me more experience to make the next one even better. I have so many ideas to explore and changes that I want to implement. Although my focus this year will be on balance as the demands of my family seem to grow just as fast as my business.
Anyhow, I thought I'd start the New Year off by sharing some of the gifts that I made this year...
Alien family. I LOVE how these came out and hope to introduce them into one of the stores once I iron out the details. Each one has a small bell inside. The pet eye ball is my favorite... yep, I guess I'm a little twisted.

This was one of my more sentimental gifts. These two tiny little pots were made by my grandfather. I've mentioned his pottery before on this blog. His pottery brings back the most memories of my childhood. I love them... and so does the rest of my family. I chose these two little beauties with the intention of making them into pin cushions for my mom. I used cashmere scraps and
polyfil on the inside. I did glue them in place. I don't normally use glue... but it was necessary here as the pots didn't have a lip or anything to keep it all in. I think they were well received.

I made these for a couple of my crafty friends. These tree pin cushions have a wood base. The cashmere tops are filled with
polyfil. I glued some beads that I had made onto some pins. This is another idea that I'm still working out.

Of course, I had to use buttons for at least one gift. I made these for my niece. They matched a cute little necklace that I traded for at one of the shows I vended at. These are sewn on as well as glued in place to make them extra durable. It takes a little longer to make them when you stitch them... but I can't tell you how tiring it is for me to get
hair clips only to have them fall apart because they were only glued.

Another item that I hope to have in my stores this year for the holidays. I made these for another one of my crafty friends. They are made from fleece scraps. I love ornaments and hope try out several ideas I have this year.
Also notice the tag. This year I tried to do as much of my wrapping from recycled materials. The tags are made from grocery bags and tshirt scraps. These are a lot of fun to make. I hope to do a tutorial for them at some point.
I hope everyone had a great holiday. I avoided my computer like the plague :) which is why there was a lack of postings in December. But I'm happy to be back and can't wait to share a few high points of our Christmas. Oh... and a little about my plans for the New Year~
0 comments:
Post a Comment