Tea Time Thursday - rolling with the punches

Thursday, May 21, 2009

The one true skill that every parent needs is the ability to change directions at the drop of a dime. Well, today was supposed to be Tea Time Thursday where we have a tea party for our lunch. It's a lot of fun and the kids enjoy it... but it takes a lot of preparation on my part.

Unfortunately, my son got off the bus today completely destroyed and in tears. Apparently he lost his backpack. From what I can gather - he left it on the playground and it wasn't there when he went back to find it. To me, this means that it's gone. I've been told that they are looking for it at school... so he is holding out hope. I told him we would just buy him a new one and his tears intensified. Between tears, he finally told me that it was a waste of money to buy a new one. We are still working on teaching the difference between "want" and "need".

It took me half an hour to calm him down... which means no tea party. Instead we did a quick muffin tin as Robbie seems to view them as a treat. They did their trick.


While the kids were eating, I took the opportunity to finish the surprise that I was working on to give to Robbie this weekend at the Farmers Market we are planning on doing (I'll have more details on this shortly I hope). I figured it might make him feel a little better.

I made him a market apron for him to wear this weekend. He was excited to see it. Not only does it have a dinosaur - but he glows in the dark. The apron is made from a recycled tshirt and a showroom sample.

So, I'm sorry to say there is not a Tea Time this Thursday. However, I am happy to announce that "Adventures of a Flake" has rescued me and poster her Tea Time Thursday. Yay! So hop on over there and check out her fun tea party - I especially like the hat :)

2 comments:

Bran May 21, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

awww... I hope they find his backpack! I know Aiden would be very upset if his went missing. I love that apron.

Kate May 23, 2009 at 1:29 AM  

I can't find the Indie banditas link!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP