Tackle it Tuesday - Finger Puppets
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
This Tuesday not only did I tackle my growing scrap stash - but I also tackled a recent issue for my son. He loves to help me with my craft shows and Etsy shop and he is always making his own things to sell. Of course, the things he makes are probably only things a mother could love... his own mother. Not only that, but he doesn't put time and thought into the things he makes - his idea is to just reach the ultimate goal of selling it as quick as possible. I've been trying to show him that time, enjoyment and thought is what makes something that someone else will like as much as you do.
So - while I was staring at my scrap pile this morning for Tackle it Tuesday, I decided to work on something that my son can feel proud of. Something that he could do. Something that shows his personality.
I came up with finger puppets. While my son can't do every step himself... he can do at least half of it... and he will be able to do all of it with practice. I love finding things that he can do where he can grow and learn new things. Currently, I am cutting the puppets out and sewing eyes on them - then sewing them together. He is turning them, stuffing them, cutting out the arms and knotting them on. He also picks the sleeves (they are made from tshirt sleeves) for the colors and he picks what I put on them. My son is silly and these silly little monster finger puppets are perfect to get him started in his desire to start his own small business.
My daughter has been helping as well. Quality control is her role as she has loved to play with them as he completes each one. I am hoping (provided I am able) to do a Farmers Market this Saturday. I think it will be the perfect place for him to debut his new line.
He is currently working on finishing up his first fifteen puppets. But he's already told me that he is anxious to put them on his blog so that he can share them with everyone.



2 comments:
They look great! I love that you are helping him find a good product!! :) I would totally buy one. For one thing, I love finger puppets. For another thing, I'm a sucker for young entrepreneurs!
These area awesome! There were quite a few kids thru last weekend. I'm sure he will do great with them!
Post a Comment