A little bit of this and that

Friday, April 10, 2009

Okay, so I didn't blog as much as I like to this week. I can't seem to have guests and blog. It's one or the other... and of course, my guests win every time. So, I thought I'd do a quick wrap up of my week.

Yesterday after our tea party, we dyed eggs. I'll admit, I normally do not brave this little venture when Easter rolls around... I used to do it with Robbie, but when Lyssie came along, the thought of being out numbered with dye exposed on the table brought me nightmares. But, my friend is staying with us, so I took advantage of the extra set of hands.

We did the traditional dying of the eggs... but the funnest thing we did was the crayon melting. I loved this technique! It reminded me of being a kid when my mom used to put paper onto a hot pad and let us draw on it with crayons as they melted. Such a fun memory! The orange one second from the top is done with crayons... isn't it cool?

While this week hasn't been overly productive as far as my Etsy shops... today I have been able to get quite a bit of sewing done. I have a custom order for a Peter Pan hat with a red feather... so I figured I'd make some extras while I was at it (this is my nee plan of attack for having enough inventory for the summer shows).



I have six hats sewn and ready to be feathered. My feathered headbands have also been selling well so I made a few extra feathers so that I could make a few extra headbands as well. Efficient, yes? I'm feeling pretty good about it all and look forward to hopefully finishing up all my custom orders by the end of the weekend (I have a total of 4 right now - yay!).

I'm looking forward to fun weekend celebrating Easter. We hope to take the kids to the zoo for an egg hunt and then a nice quiet Easter at home... that's the way I like it!

Have a great Easter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP