Tackle it Tuesday - Sleeve Bags
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
This is really from last Tuesday... however, I never got around to posting it. I've finally figure out something to do with sleeves that doesn't involve wearing them on your head (previously, I've been making hats with them). These little sleeve bags are lined with scrap fleece and they have a zipper on the top. I've used tshirt scraps for the appliques (my own design) and the wrist loop. The fleece gives the bag a nice weight to it.
The bags have a natural curve along the bottom from the curve of the sleeve as it fits into the arm hole. I've been making these in several sizes and many bright colors. I look forward to offering them in my NueToMe store soon.
Of course this hasn't made a dent in my scraps (I know, I should be embarrassed - but really, this still isn't all the scraps I have). I'm hopeful though that enough of these Tackle it Tuesdays and I'll be able to at least condense everything to two boxes where I can actually close the lids.




3 comments:
Kayce, these look very cool and so well-made. How on earth do you have so many t-shirt scraps?? I'll have a look at your shop as well.
Well, my SCRAPDOWN friend, I make dresses from recycled tshirts - and I can't bring myself to throw away the scraps. It's an illness I think.
What a fun way to use scraps!! Super cute.
Post a Comment