New in my store!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009



This is my latest CPSIA exempt creation for my On A Whimm shop. These pincushion rings are really fun to make - perhaps one of these days I'll make a tutorial. I thought this was a unique idea... but it turns out there are a few people on Etsy that already make them. Of course, like everything I make, mine are a bit different.

These are made from fleece scraps. The ring is fleece that I've handstitched. It stretches and fits snuggly on all of my fingers. I've covered a plastic water bottle top for the base of the pincushion so that your fingers don't get poked. I cover the plastic top in more fleece scraps and I've embellished the whole thing with a little bit of embroidery. The ring is stuffed with polyfil so it's soft and light. I currently have two of these in my shop... but I'm sure I'll be making more as it's something I can make from the comfort of my bed while watching tv at night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP