EtsyRAIN Ornament Exchange

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finally, I've finished all the ornaments for the two ornament exchanges we participated in this year. The EtsyRAIN one took the most thought, consideration and procrastination. I started with the idea of making a snowman - he was too ordinary. Then I decided I'd make a monster - they were too time intensive (I'll post pictures of the two I did complete later) and last night I tried to crochet a sushi roll. It came out super cute - but I'm not very good at changing colors and it just took too long... and it was a little boring for me to do.


In the end, I decided to do the sushi roll with the same idea of the tshirt ones I made, but using fleece. Then I strung them on some thin wire (not easy to do) and used some beads for decoration. I like the end result, but I do need to say that I'm not a beader... and I have no idea what I was doing. So - to those recipients of these little sushi rolls - beware - they could come apart with too much pulling on them.

Making these really made me crave sushi. And my son, watching me, must have had the same problem because just a few minutes ago he said "I have a great idea! Let's go have sushi!".

3 comments:

Debbie~ December 13, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

I love them!!! But, I do think your little marshmellow snowman is too cute!!! Especially now that it's snowing here in the Pacific Northwest...(at least in Marysville)!
Debbie~
You'll find me blogging at:
http://BaublesButtonsBeads.blogspot.com/

katy December 13, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

super cute, kayce. I have a few friends who would *love* a sushi ornament. maybe I'll give those a try next year.

Unknown December 14, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

Aw, I put up my tree last week & my ornaments from last year's exchange sure made me smile!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP