Tackle it T-Shirt Tuesday

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So - I read a blog where they had Tackle It Tuesday... it pertained to house cleaning. I really liked the idea of it - but I'm putting my own twist on it, of course... and having it pertain to my giant mountain of t-shirt scraps. Yep, every Tuesday (or at least this one), I'll do a new project utilizing my tshirt scrap pile. I'm sure some interesting things could come out of this...



So, I'll start off with my scrap pile. Yikes! I pulled in kind of tight for the pictures (the pile is much bigger) because I didn't want you to see the enormous landslide that is happening around it in my work room. The floor is nearly hidden. Yes, I'm embarrassed - but not enough to do anything about it yet :)


Here's the fun part - the result of my "Tackle it Tuesday" - this red dress was made from various red tshirt scraps. I've paired it with a grey ruffle and a grey top part and finished it with a red tshirt poppy (tutorial coming soon!). This dress is about a size 3T as it's a bit large on my daughter. I'm trying to make things larger than her so that 1 - it doesn't make sense to keep it and 2 - if it doesn't sell in a reasonable amount of time, I can keep it and have her wear it.

This dress also has some owls on the left side and hearts appliqued on various spots around the skirt. I've finished the edges of the sleeves and the ruffle with a zig zag giving it a frilly, natural look. I've also made a biased tape for around the neck with the same grey color. It's really cute - and I'm sure I'll be posting it in my store soon... or maybe I'll save it for UCU. We'll have to wait and see!

I hope to make this "Tackle it T-shirt Tuesday" a regular feature on my blog - so check back for more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP