Muffin Tin Monday - Family Heritage

Monday, November 10, 2008

I admit, this one was done last week sometime. I knew that there was no way I could be this organized on a Monday. And, one night, I happened to be cooking Chicken Tortilla Soup and thought it would work out great for a muffin tin.

My husband's family is Mexican and I LOVE to make all types of Mexican food. I'm part Japanese... but Japanese food doesn't come as easily. Perhaps that's a challenge for another time.

The kids weren't as enthusiastic about this one... I think it was the soup. They aren't huge fans of soup unless we are in a restaurant and it is in front of me or my husband. But my son still ate it all and my daughter ate about half (cheese corn and raisins)

Contents: corn, tortilla to dip in the soup, a mini turkey taco with cheese, tortilla soup with a little bit of tortilla on top, cheese and raisins (I had an extra cup that needed filling and very little imagination left - so out came the raisins!).

I love to do these challenges and I look forward to others by our new Muffin Tin Monday host, Her Cup Overfloweth.
Update:
My parents also wanted to submit a muffin for Muffin Tin Monday - here's there's!
These new bean bag sets are made by my mom and will be available at the Urban Craft Uprising. If I get them in stock before then, I'll list one in the World of Whimm shop as well. Aren't they the greatest! AND they'll be in a little bag. What a great gift!

1 comments:

Be Brave, Keep Going November 10, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

Thanks for the support and encouragement!! And my kids would have devoured your tin! They love mexican food (It's helps that mommy and daddy are big fans too!) I loved to read about your families heritage and what a great legacy for your kids to experience such diverse nationalities!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP