Special Halloween Muffin Tin Monday

Monday, October 20, 2008


We've had three weeks to prepare for this one... but I still found myself making it up as I went along and trying to work with what we had. The kids really enjoyed this one though.
  • Marshmallow ghosts (this is a big treat for them - I have a whole bag of marshmallows left from some popcorn balls we made last week and the kids have been drooling over them ever since).
  • Macaroni and Cheese baked in a star shaped tin
  • Eye Balls from grapes and raisins
  • Pumpkin shaped muffin (corn bread muffin with a pretzel sticking out. I also added a drop of red food coloring to turn it orange - it's oranger in person)
  • Peanut Butter spider
  • Jack-O-Lantern sweet potato chips and fries.

I did most of the prep before Robbie got home from school so when he got home I just had to pop the mac n cheese into the oven to heat through. This was a lot of fun... but as I was making it, I came up with so many fun ideas had I prepared and gone grocery shopping. Oh well, not spending extra money is a bonus! So much fun - now hopefully the kids will be in the mood to settle on a costume for Halloween so I can get it made soon. I'm sure it will happen, but I don't want to be up the night before Halloween sewing their costumes.

** If you want to see more look here!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  October 20, 2008 at 7:54 PM  

What a cute tin!! Love the grape eyes!!! Your tacks in your etsy shop are MOST ADORABLE!!!

~ Kellie ~

Dee Light October 21, 2008 at 3:34 AM  

You have some great idea!! I know what you mean about the kids choosing a costume. Up until yesterday my littl guy wanted to be a super hero, but now he want to be a fireman.

GeonHui's Bakery October 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

I love the grape/raisin eyes! Great idea!

Anonymous,  October 22, 2008 at 5:08 AM  

Adorable Halloween muffin tin..! Love the grape eyes.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP