Muffin Tin Monday

Monday, October 27, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday has a new host - Her Cup Overfloweth (link can also be found on the right side of my blog under "Blogs I Read" - so, check out her blog for more muffin tins!


Here's this week. Robbie was sure to remind me after school that today is Muffin Tin Monday;

Bananas, yogurt, Triscuits with melted cheese, crackers and peanuts, steamed carrots and ramen noodles with kamaboko. I also used some of the new tiny forks and spoons that we bought this weekend at Daiso for their Bento Boxes. I purposely tried for more starches this time as it seems I tend to skimp on them when I'm trying to provide them a healthy lunch.


I am recovering from a weekend of Halloween preparation - I'll post some pictures of the great Jack-o-lanterns that the kids carved with their dad this weekend. He kept them occupied while I worked on their costumes. I finally made them stick with something on Thursday and I've been working at designing the costumes and finding all the materials all weekend. I can't tell you how tempted I am sometimes to just buy a costume - but really, I can't bring myself to do it. I had a great childhood full of handmade, comfortable costumes - I want my kids to have the same thing.

Here's a sneak peak at Lyssie's. Any guesses on what she's going to be? I did buy the white gloves. I know my limitations. I'm moving on to Robbie's costume next!

3 comments:

Hautemama October 29, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

Very cute! I never think to melt the cheese onto the cracker... that's great.

UtahJenny November 1, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

Love the lunch - looks very tasty and healthy. And I also insist on making my kids costumes - nice to meet another! Hope you had a great time!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP