Muffin Tin Monday - The Hungry Thing!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh my - this was a super fun Muffin Tin Monday (for both me and the kids). What a great idea Katy of Sycamore Stirrings had! The possibilities of Children's Literature were endless! Robbie and I had been brainstorming ideas for the past few days... and he couldn't settle on anything.

So, while he was at school, I made a decision to do one of my favorite childhood books. I couldn't find our book for "Bread and Jam for Francis"... so I went with another one of my favorites...

I chose "The Hungry Thing" by Jan Slepian and Ann Seidler, which was one of my favorite books growing up. I love the illustrations and it's just fun and silly. I knew the kids would enjoy it.
So, as I read the book to them during lunch, the kids feasted on;
  • "gollipops" - lollipops made from hot dogs (Robbie was a little disappointed I didn't put lollipopsin the tin, of course, he wasn't surprised since I have a thing against them)
  • "thread" - bread - I melted cheese on top
  • "foodles" - noodles - I used left over shells I had from last week and added Robbie's favorite feta cheese on top
  • "boop with a smacker" - soup with a cracker - this was the item they didn't really eat... but it was worth a try.
  • "fananas" - bananas
  • "hookies" - cookies
This was a lot of fun and it made the lunch even more special. What a great Monday treat for Robbie after he got off the bus! I can't wait to check out what other people did for their muffin tin this week. I think we'll be doing this theme again one of these days and choosing a new book - I'm sure Robbie will have lots of suggestions now that he's seen it done once. I'm all for anything that shows how fun books can be!

2 comments:

katy September 8, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

you go girl! so flippin' creative. Love the Hungry Things surrounding the tins. That book sounds one that my girls would like . . . unless the hungry thing can be 'scary' my oldest is very sensitive. anyhow, yay for getting it done - awesome tin as usual, kayce!
xo
katy

This Girl loves to Talk September 9, 2008 at 5:43 PM  

what a great tin!! love the hungry mouth around it.. You are the first to decorate the actual tin... maybe you will start something ;)

great job

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP