Muffin Tin Monday - Breakfast!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Today's challenge for Muffin Tin Monday was breakfast. I wasn't happy with just one challenge, so I had to drive all the way to California so that I could do muffin tin Monday in someone elses house!

Contents include: pancakes, bananas, an octopus hotdog from Robbie's Undersea Party yesterday, strawberry yogurt (the jury is out on whether Alyssa's system will handle this - it's the first thing she ate), scrambled eggs (sadly, I think they will remain lonely - my kids don't eat eggs) and cluster nut Cheerios.
I had visions of being at home and doing this. If I had been at home, it would have included Chorizo and eggs, potatos, tortillas, salsa, corn and bacon. Yumm~ I'll still have to try it once we get home. Or maybe I'll just make it for myself :)
Thanks Katy for another fun Muffin Tin meal! I love that doing this here has kept my kids on some sort of routine. I'm hoping that helps make my time here just a little bit easier. Oh - and we used muffin tins for our drive down here and they worked perfectly for their in-car lunches.



3 comments:
ooo, tell us how to make the octopus hotdog! I thought that was bacon -
thanks for another super post, Kayce! Hope you're having fun in Cali
We didn't really use a recipe or anything - but here's one of my favorite sites and she has a tutorial! They are super fun. We cut the hotdog then put it on the grill. The legs get a little curly once they are cooked and they taste even better because they get the grill taste on more of the dog. Yumm!
http://lunchinabox.net/2008/02/22/how-to-make-an-octodog-octopus-hot-dog/
Thanks Katy for the motivation to do new things!
thanks for the link and the directions. noticed something on make and takes today about octopus hotdogs. you and her must be on similar wave lengths
Post a Comment