Solo in the fabric store
Monday, March 24, 2008
We have family in town right now. This means that today I had the pleasure of fabric shopping without kids. I really don't mind going with the kids, but they always prefer to do other things, so I'm always rushed.
I also figured out that fabric store employees are much more pleasant when I don't have kids in tow. It's a little upsetting that my first pleasant visit to Hancock Fabics was without the kids. And it was obvious. The gal cutting my fabric actually engaged in conversation and seemed genuinely interested in what I make. The check out clerk was equally nice and didn't rush me. It was nice. But why can't that happen when I have kids around? Instead, the cutting person usually doesn't talk to me. And if I try to talk to them, I get the blank stare when I try use a little humor to reduce the tension I always feel. I never guessed it would have been because of my kids. I think my kids are well behaved (maybe most parents do) and they are pretty cute :), so who wouldn't want them around?
Anyhow, I enjoyed my few hours by myself... and I think the store employees did as well.



0 comments:
Post a Comment