Happy New Year!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
A New Year... and a new me! Okay, not really... but I am strongly motivated to make some changes. The first... to get back to blogging. Both here and on my personal blog. I took a little heat back in California from my family as I haven't updated my personal blog in probably a month. No new photos of the kids means not so happy grandparents. Can't have that!
I've also decided that it's time to get organized! Today myhusband took me to IKEA where I spent a large chunk of my earnings and a little Christmas money on some new shelves for my workspace. I'll take some before pics (embarrassing) and after pics once we get to that point. The shelves will be delivered tomorrow and knowing us, it will take at least a week to build them. But I'm very excited! I also want to paint the room... but I know that's being a bit ambitious since I have no idea what color to paint it. We have been in the house for nearly three years and have yet to paint a wall.
I can't wait to see what great materials I have... to be able to find what I need... and to have space to sew! I currently have about two inches around my sewing machine clear... the rest has some sort of material, buttons, thread, shipping boxes, etc. covering the workspace. No joke!
My four new huge shelves are going to make a world of difference! I wonder if I can still be just as creative working in an organized environment? Hmmmm...
Oh! Also a good luck to Marlo (http://www.imakecutestuff.etsy.com/) who I ran into briefly at IKEA. She, too, is fixing up her workspace!
Stay tuned for pictures!



0 comments:
Post a Comment