Addicted to scraps
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
I'm not sure what it is, but lately, I've been addicted to my scrap box. I know I should be spending the time I spend creating from this box on the list of other projects I have... but lately I've been inspired to create. And I want to create quickly.
I still need to do the many costumes that my son has requested for his party next weekend, I still need to fix the other fairy costume I have almost done and I need to do another memory quilt... but instead, I did this today...
This is a hand puppet (he has named it Mally the Monkey) made especially to fit little hands. I made it out of my scrap pile... and he's a soft waffle fleece.
Okay, this one is a little harder to focus on... but look away from the goofy little girl doing her best to pose for the camera and look down to the purse in her hand. That's it! That's what I made for her this morning. She is just getting into carrying things around and making them (baskets, boxes, bags) into her purse... so I thought I'd make her one her size. Just a note, I won't be making a living making purses... way to much trouble! Anyhow, this is straight out of the scrap box as well. I also made the handle out of some cord that I braided. It's cute, but I won't quit my day job... wait, I don't have one.
Okay, so I was also semi-productive. I posted two new things on the Etsy site and I've started working on the World of Whimm site to link to the Etsy site (that's still under construction and probably will be over the weekend). So, I leave you tonight with my newest Etsy creations. Oh, ya, they are different than everything else so I had to create a new section from them. I guess I'm a little unfocused lately. I guess I need to get back on my medications.




1 comments:
love the little creations you made for your kids- they must have been thrilled with them :)
(scrap4u)
Post a Comment