Looking back

Friday, January 2, 2009

Last year, I didn't exactly make New Years Resolutions - I just decided that I'd "attempt to try" a few things. I thought I should probably revisit that list to see how I did.

#1 was blog more. Check - I think I've done a pretty decent job of blogging more. Granted I have my leaner blog moments... but on average - I give myself a pat on the back.

#2 was be organized. Ugh, I failed miserably in this arena as I'm trying to gather receipts and such for taxes. This little "attempt to try" needs to be carried over into the New Year. This is my year for organization!

#3 was be every where. Again, I did a decent job of this. Not only did I do numerous craft fairs, but I've also been networking through my EtsyRAIN group and I've joined many online communities including Facebook and Twitter.

#4 was about doing wholesale. Check again! I did a few wholesale accounts... enough to know that at this stage in my small business life, it's not really for me. I have a few select accounts that I'm willing to work with... but I'm happy on my own.

and finally #5 was all about balance. This is a work in progress. Some days are better than others. I'll be carrying this one over to 2009 as well.

I'm fairly proud of myself. I think I did decently. I'm not going to be making any new "resolutions" right now as I'm still in limbo with the CPSIA. Perhaps mid year I can do another
attempt to try" list.

1 comments:

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) January 5, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

I agree that you did really well!

I am wary about revisiting my list...but since it's out there for everyone to see, I'd better do the same and see how I did...here's hoping!

I wish we could wave a magic wand and make the CPSIA stuff go away! :(

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP