Teacher Gifts

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Robbie has morning kindergarten and with the icy conditions and the snow in the forecast, there is a chance that he won't make it back to school this week... except for tomorrow when I drive him in for their Christmas program which they have rescheduled for the afternoon.



I wasn't allowed the priviledge of waiting for the last minute to do teacher gifts. I had planned something entirely different - but finding out that I needed to have them the next day meant that I needed to figure something else out. I didn't have all the materials for my original idea and wasn't about to leave the house and drive two kids on icy roads.


So - I went to my scrap box and decided to make something that incorporated the kids drawings (idea taken losely from Sycamore Stirrings pot holders) and a little quilting (idea taken losely from the picture on Family McG's blog of a project she has in progress). The zipper pouches are something I've been working on mastering and I thought they could actually be useful.

Robbie drew a picture of a bus (for his bus driver) and a picture of a dinosaur (for his teacher) and I made them into zipper pouches. The one for the bus driver has a little loop - but I forgot one for the teacher's. I think they came out great (the back is stiped with various fabrics and quilted) and I'd like to someday make a few for myself.

1 comments:

katy December 17, 2008 at 4:24 AM  

GREAT idea. These would also make great gifts for children to give to their friends at B-day parties!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP