Bento #2
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
The kids eat best when there is a large variety of foods and they are presented in a fun way. I think that's why Muffin Tin Mondays are such an event around this household. So, I've been wanting to do more bento lunches. We didn't go anywhere that required a packed lunch - but it was still fun to present their lunch in a fun way today. Also, I didn't have a lot of any one thing... so the portion size of these containers, is perfect.
I'm sure this one also looks similar to the first one I did because we always have the same foods in the fridge. I included Edamame (the kids and I bought this yesterday at Central Market - they love that market because they both get to push the mini carts around), Kamaboko (one of my favorite childhood foods) cut into acorns, steamed carrots. The other dish has jelly rolls (bread I rolled flat and smeared with jelly... then rolled it and sliced it) and grapes. I put one of the fun picks in for them to eat the grapes with since they love the little picks and I didn't use them for anything else.
I really need to figure out what foods they will eat that will work well in bento lunches. I'm sure if I use these ingredients again, they are going to get bored quickly. More research on the Internet!
0 comments:
Post a Comment