Going Green!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So in a previous post I had mentioned many ideas I have formulating in my head that utilize recycled clothing. My first attempt at a summer dress for my daughter made from two t-shirts came out a bit big. But, for the most part, I'm happy with the result. There are a few things I'll change in the next one such as adding two more sections in the skirt so that the middle front scallop is centered... bringing in the arm pit area and maybe making the skirt a bit shorter.


I've also finished another scarf top. This one fits her - yay! She is wearing it today paired with white jeans. So fashionable! Again, there are things about it that I'm unhappy with... but nothing you can see from a distance. I think this one was a success.

I can't wait to make up more of my ideas and try to iron out my issues on these. I suppose I should have made a pattern. I really need to focus on the show coming up next weekend though. But it's so hard with a bunch of ideas swirling around in my head.
Check out flickr for more pictures of the dress and top!

2 comments:

Therapeutic Threads April 29, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

she looks adorable. Love Kermit:)

marin April 30, 2008 at 6:08 AM  

omg - she is so stinkin cute in that scarf top!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP