Fond Memories
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Buttons. I love buttons. They remind me of this store my mom used to take me to in Downtown Salinas. It was a fabric store and on the second floor, they had a bin of buttons. (I think the store is still there, but not the bin of buttons). All the buttons were loose... it was like a sensory table full of various shapes, colors and sizes. I loved to just move my hand through them. I loved to search through them for just the right button. Perhaps this was the beginning of my button fetish.
I now have several containers full of buttons. They are all organized by color to make it easier when I was making my Color I-Spy Bean Bags (reminds me that I really need to make more of them). But really, there is no way that I can use that many buttons... or make that many I-Spy Bean Bags. So, I decided to come up with something else to do with them.
I've been looking for tacks for my bulletin board. I didn't want anything boring and ordinary... so I made some tacks with all my buttons! I love them!... and I've listed a few sets in my On A Whimm store.
You should also search Etsy and see what other fun things people have done with buttons. Here are just a few...

2 comments:
Kayce, there is a quilt store in downtown Des Moines (at least it was there the last time I checked) called Carriage Country Quilts that has a crock of buttons for kids to play with in the bathroom (of all places!). When I was still sewing, or at least fabric shopping, it used to be Cassie's favorite fabric shop to go to.
I like buttons, too.
I love buttons! My mom had a yogurt container full of her most interesting and lovely buttons that I used to dump out, organize, admire, and eventually put back.
Alas, I miss that yogurt container and the magic held within it.
Lovely tacks! That's such a brilliant idea. So pretty. so so pretty.
Post a Comment