Tantrums

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Today was the day of the tantrum. And the sad thing, it wasn't one of the kids. It was me. I had a tantrum and I'm sorry that my son took the brunt of it.

Here's how it went down...

I've been trying for several weeks now to get to the thrift shop so that I can get some tshirts to finish off some costumes that I have in the works. But with driving my kids to swim lessons, tae kwon do lessons, play dates, special events, etc... I haven't had time to make the trip. Boo.

But today, there was nothing on our calendar. Yay! So after lunch, I packed the kids up and headed to Goodwill. But alas, steps from the door to the store, I hear my son say "my stomach hurts" in his dramatic whiny tone. Ugh! I hate that he can be so dramatic... I never know when he is pulling my leg. And this time, it felt a lot like he just didn't want to have to go into the thrift shop.

Thankfully, I erred on caution and packed them back into the car and headed home. This is when my tantrum started. I started in (mainly talking to myself - but out loud) about how I've been putting this one errand off for weeks because I've been driving them around from one thing to another. And how I just wanted 15 minutes to get a few materials so I could finish off some costumes and get them listed... so that I could pay for more of those classes. Yep, I went on and on with my little tantrum while my kids sat in the back and listened (for once). Three signals from home, my son lost it all over the car. Grrrr!

I apologized to my son, sent him upstairs to get cleaned up and accepted my punishment of cleaning up the mess. Yuck! Then I proceeded to call my husband and complain just a little bit more - I mean, I needed to finish my tantrum :)

My son seems to be doing fine. I'm not sure what happened... perhaps he ate something weird? I'm not sure what though as all the meals were normal.

So, I don't have complete costumes to show, but more sneak peaks. I did finish one... and it can be seen here! Wonder Woman!



All costumes are made from recycled tshirts - it's been a fun challenge. That last one is done... but I need to find a model that's a 4 or 5 so that I can see how it fits. But, it's one of my favorites, so I can't wait to share it!

2 comments:

JodieMo August 20, 2010 at 5:01 AM  

Don't feel too bad for the tantrum, we all have them. And it is very frustrating when you can't get the one thing done that you want to do because you are busy doing for other people. I know. It happens to me all the time. :)

ASBloom August 20, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

Sounds like me Kayce! Don't be too hard on yourself. I sometimes just go into the pantry and shut the door and tell the kids to go away unless their bleeding. Hee. Your costumes will be awesome WHENEVER you get them done!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP