Proof
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Here it is, proof that I shouldn't have another child. This little tomato is the only that has come out of our garden so far. One little, teeny, tiny tomato. This is how neglected the garden is.
The kids left with their grandparents this morning and will be gone for two weeks. I'm moving the garden from the number 4 spot to the number 2 spot (yep, husband gets to be number 1 for a week or so). My first order of business... I'll be declaring war on our slug population! I've got big plans to get those slugs under control so that I can put some more plants out there. All the seedlings that the kids started inside are still inside (probably not going to survive a transplant now). A few weeks back I put three nice looking zucchini starts out... by day two, there was nothing left. The slugs (nasty, vile creatures) ate every last part of the poor things... and they weren't small. So armed with some copper and a ton of bad beer - those slugs are in for it! I'll update my progress later this week.
0 comments:
Post a Comment