Bento Lunch
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
It seems with school happening... I'd have more bento lunches to share. But the truth is... most mornings I don't get up with enough time to make the bento lunch for my children. This is something that my husband has taken over (isn't he the greatest!).
I did however, make this bento before I picked my daughter and her friend up from school. I had the intention of letting them play at the park for a bit since the weather has been nicer lately... but they had other ideas and chose to eat their lunches at home. Apparently having a table to eat at is very appealing to these two.

Contents: Jelly sandwich cut into a circle (she has been eating less of her crust lately), raisins, wheat thins and string cheese.
I have found that the lunch that gets eaten is the less complicated (and in my opinion, boring) lunch. I've tried to send different foods... things other than sandwiches - and I just get them back. When I was making lunches, I'd get about half of the lunch back. Now that my husband makes the lunch... the bento comes home empty.
But my husband knows a thing or two about providing lunches they like. After all, he used to stuff the one his dad made him behind his desk in his room. Yep, I just shared that with everyone :)
1 comments:
lol too funny... I used to feed my lunch to the dog on my way to school... we had a long driveway :) I do find that the kids and hubby still like the pb&j for lunch.. even I like it sometimes :) boring.. but comfortable and safe = wonderful :)
I left you an award on my blog :)
Post a Comment