Sunday Summary

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I wish it came down to good intentions... because I have plenty of those. All things considered, this week went well. I made progress in getting the house in order (I say that like it's a minor project... but I'm certain it'll take all year to get to some sort of order), I made good on my weekly Goodwill donation, I got out and visited with friends, and I spent time with the kids. The only thing that didn't happen this week... work. Unfortunately, this is the only week that I can allow that to happen. I have several custom orders waiting to be completed... and all the materials now in stock. No more excuses.

Okay. Now to come clean. While I did make my donation at Goodwill -one medium sized box and a large bag of miscellaneous items... I sort of cancelled it out with a trip to the new Goodwill Outlet that they've opened just minutes from my house. I could justify it... but I won't. Instead, I immediately came home and started working on another box for donation. Today was dropped off a whole car load... and I didn't go inside :)

The Goodwill outlet was great though. Found some awesome shirts for dresses, some items to help me in my quest to get my house in order, and a toy or two for the kids (yes, we could have done without those... but the prices were crazy! - perhaps they'll end up in one of the boxes that goes back to Goodwill :)).


I shopped the outlet with a few of my crafty friends... and afterward, we went to Frost in Mill Creek for a little treat. I bought a half dozen to share with the family... and so far, my favorite is the Pumpkin Cheesecake donut. I did try the Bacon Maple bar, but while it was good... it wasn't really my thing. If you are local, I do recommend trying these donuts. They have some interesting flavors and it makes for a great diversion from the normal, run of the mill donut.

Stay tuned for our Muffin Tin we did on Monday!

1 comments:

marin January 11, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

Frost was on my to do list for Sunday - But then I slept in and couldn't justify it after all the cupcakes I had on Saturday :)
I'm dying to try the bacon maple bar though!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP