Week Wrap Up

Friday, September 4, 2009

You can't imagine how happy I am that this is Friday. Not only is it the weekend, but it's a three day weekend - my husband is actually getting a normal holiday off. Gasp!


Aside from the challenges this week that have nearly drained me... I've had a pretty great week. My son started 1st grade with a few bumps, but things are starting to look up. My daughter has been taking her first swim lessons and the last one is today. I never imagined that her swim lessons would be as stressful as they are. I have to worry about her retaining her heat through the whole class (yesterday she had to be pulled 5 minutes early due to blue lips) - she is barely tall enough to walk in the shallow part of the pool (her other classmates, that are the same age, are a good foot out of the water when they walk in the shallow end and she keeps trying to sit on the lower step with the other girls and can't because she's too short (which means she goes under water). It's very stressful. It's times like these that I am reminded how small she truly is. But we've packed a whole lot of spunk into that little package!

I also had lunch with a friend this week. And with it, came some fun gifts. She went garage sale-ing and scored me some awesome trims (some from Germany!). And while this week hasn't allowed for a lot of work, I have managed to start making a few more cashmere owls. I've found a new love working with cashmere... it's sooo soft!

Next week is another busy week. We have Lyssie's preschool orientation which I have many obligations to fulfill before that, Lyssie will start school and I need to figure out my application for UCU and Crafty Wonderland. I've also agreed to do a show on the weekend of September 26th (more information on that to follow).

I'm hoping that I'll have just one more week of chaos and then we'll fall smoothly into a routine. With three mornings to myself, I have high hopes. Of course, at this rate, i can see me using that time to catch up on sleep :)

Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP