Yum

Friday, August 7, 2009

So, I'm on day 10 of the South Beach diet and I can tell you there have been very few days when I've been eating and I think "yum". It's not that what I'm eating is bad - it's just that it's a limited pallet and I eat the same thing over and over.




So, I was very pleased when I put this salad together (don't mind the tomatoes in the picture - no, I didn't eat them with the salad... I don't like tomatoes. Those just happened to come from the garden. Aren't they pretty?). So this salad is chicken that was sauteed with some bell peppers, edamame and almond slivers all on top of some crisp iceberg lettuce. I used a sesame dressing that we bought at Costco (slightly more sugar than I should have). It tastes awesome! I really like the addition of edamame to the Asian Chicken Salad.

Those tomatoes - I hope to make myself a little salsa. Not sure what I'm going to eat it with though as I still have 4 more days of no carbs.

As far as this health plan goes ( I don't like the word diet), I have mixed reviews. The purpose is to be healthier... and for the first 3-4 four days, I felt great! Then, I started to feel a bit off... I'm not sure how to explain it. Granted, it could have nothing to do with the diet and everything to do with the Fibromyalgia... so I'm trying to hold on just a few more days when I can reintroduce a few carbs.

I've been daydreaming about carbs and which ones I'll add back in. I think carrots or corn - from there maybe a piece of wheat bread... or a small bowl of rice. It's just so hard to decide!

I can't believe how green my diet has been lately. I never knew that there were so many green foods that I would willingly eat. I was a picky kid... not sure when I decided all these foods were good. Obviously though, it has caught up to me. I'm fairly certain that part of my discomfort through the day is from the foods I eat. I just hope I can figure out which ones they are.

For those wondering if the "diet" is working for weight loss... the answer is yes. I've lost 6 pounds in 10 days.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP