Random
Friday, July 31, 2009
I hadn't realized that I'd missed two days of blogs. I guess thinking about the blog isn't the same as typing the blog. I've thought of many blog entries in the past few days - I guess I just never found the time to sit down and write them.
So, tonight I'm going to give you a random entry with a few of my thoughts...
I've been trying the South Beach diet for the past few days (I found the book at Goodwill for less than $1!). This isn't to lose weight (it would be nice), but to try to get my health under control. I've been getting progressively worse and I figure it's time to do something about it. I've never dieted before and it's a weird change for me. Suddenly I find myself having to analyze everything I eat. It's not a bad change... just different. I've been on it for three days and I can see a noticeable difference - several pounds on the scale, looser fitting clothes and most important... I've been feeling much better. My stomach hasn't been hurting me... my nausea spells have been infrequent (maybe 1 since starting the diet). It's good... but hard. I miss bread and potatoes.
I'm looking forward to the Urban Craft Uprising tomorrow. It's their first summer show. I didn't get accepted to this one... so I'm free to stand in line for a free swag bag (YAY!). If I get one, I'll be sure to share it's contents here. If you are local - this is a don't miss event! Not only will I be in Seattle most of the day... but I'll be around crafty people - without kids. I'm really looking forward to it (not that I don't miss my kids when I'm away from them).
I've been trying this new thing where I won't let myself make any new ideas until I've listed most of my current stock. It's like self torture. But I'm trying to get this house under control and getting some of this inventory put away is a big step. I've also been working on my workspace (cleaning it out) and I think I have, yet another, configuration that I want to try out. We've also been working on clearing room on the shelves in the garage to store the plastic bins of inventory. It's a long process but I need to step it up so that I can get back to sewing. I'm really starting to miss it... and I know a few wholesale accounts have been waiting patiently.
Robbie had his final day of theater camp... and he loved is so much, he wishes he could go back everyday. We got to see a small performance at the end of the class and he was Jack from The Magic Tree House Adventures. He did a great job for it being his first experience. While I'd love to enroll him in regular classes... it's just not in the budget right now. We already have him doing martial arts and soon he'll be starting soccer - oh, and that little thing called 1st grade.
I could go on like this forever... so I'll cut off my random thoughts and go watch a movie. It's best to keep my mind occupied so that I don't think about food :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment