Tea Time Thursday - Easter!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Today, we celebrated Easter with our weekly Tea Party. It's really fun - the kids talk about it all week... and Lyssie loves to get dressed up in her many polka dot party dresses just for the occasion.


I was disappointed again that it was too cold out to have our tea party in the yard. I think the outdoor pictures come out much nicer - one, the food is all crammed onto a tiny table and it looks like there is more... and two, because the lighting is much better than inside our lighting challenged home.

But, the kids don't care how the pictures come out - they just love the novelty of the tea party and the tea party foods. Today, we served lemonade (Crystal Light) as our tea - so it was extra special. I also made some spice cake cupcakes decorated with flowers on a homemade cream cheese frosting (recipe to follow). I served egg shaped sandwiches (egg salad, turkey and cheese and the good ol' jelly sandwiches that the kids love). I made little appetizers with pesto tortellini, slices of string cheese and chicken. They were good - and Robbie actually ate them as well (I had figured the adults would be the only ones eating them). I also included a bowl of grapes because they are great finger food and I had a feeling it was the only thing my daughter would eat. I was right (she didn't even have an interest in the flowered cupcake or the sweet lemonade - weird child!).

I did a few decorations for our table as well. I cut some bunnies out to go around one of the cake plates and I made orange napkin holders in the shape of carrots. Both of these ideas I found on the internet somewhere... sorry, I really need to get into the habit of marking these things when I find them.

We currently have a house guest that the kids have been enjoying... so my blogging has been a bit sporadic. I'm sure I'll be back next week as I have a few tutorials that I'm working on.

Cream Cheese Frosting (from Slashfood - with the basic directions I used)

8 oz cream cheese
5 tbsp softened butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 c powdered sugar (sifted after measuring)

Mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth (I used an hand mixer). Gradually add the 2 cups of powdered sugar... continue to add powdered sugar until you reach desired sweetness. Super easy!

1 comments:

Toni April 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

very sweet, we did our tea too we had lemonade homemade pretzels and strawberries--yum

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP