Looking forward

Friday, April 17, 2009

Well, at least to the weekend. Wouldn't want to plan too far ahead :) We are hoping for a nice weekend - wonder if it'll be nice enough to get some garage sales in? That's one thing that I miss in the wintertime. My husband and I love to drag the kids whining to as many garage sales as we can fit in an hour. Good times :)

I've been working on cleaning my work area... which reminds me, as embarrassing as it is, I should take a before picture. Maybe that will keep me motivated so that I can show fantastic pictures of it completed. The pictures of my workspace from last year were without all my supplies (those were still in the room I had previously occupied), so keeping up that clean workspace was impossible for me. And now, I have so many things in the space - that there just isn't anywhere for me to work. We'll be moving in a few more solutions for storage and hopefully utilizing the space a little better. We'll see. I'm estimating it to take several months (yep, it's that bad!).

If I didn't warn you in the beginning of this post... it's going to be a rambling one as I don't have anything specific to write about - just random thoughts.

Have I mention that we bought a Yudu for my NueToMe line (that I haven't had time to work on)? It currently resides in California because my parents - who are the other half of my business - will work on printing the pieces. I hope to screen print some of my drawings on to the dresses, skirts and pants that I make. Maybe even the capes and bibs!

I've been doing quite a bit of drawing lately. Mostly of the owls that I've been sewing. It seems all the things that I do are somehow connected to each other... even if I'm the only one that gets it. I drew a few ACEOs and I'm thinking about listing them in my store (OnAWhimm). I'm just not sure what to charge for an original piece of art. Each one did take me a good chunk of time. Do I figure the cost by my time? I am really enjoying drawing the owls and I'm considering making one of the drawings into a mirror.

And that reminds me that I really need to make cases for my mirrors. I have some showroom samples that I've been wanting to make cases with... just haven't found the time. Again, I'm hoping an organized workspace will help with my time issues, hopefully , I'll become more efficient.

Sorry, I could ramble like this all night. I'm going to stop now though and try to get my kids inside... I can feel that it's getting chilly out there. A shame that the sun can be out and the weather can be soooo cold!

Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Jessica April 17, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

I am so happy to have stummbled across your blog via your wonderful etsy biz. You are one creative fun lady! And your tea time thursdays...brilliant. I can't wait to see more.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP