Tackle it Tuesday
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Okay, so this project isn't made of my scraps - but part of it has been made from my heaps of tshirts - that's kind of tackling my mess.
So, I found this really cute butterfly fabric the other day at Joann's when I was shopping with a few friends - and I love it so much. Lyssie loves butterflies and I thought it would be fun to make something from it. Since I had no idea what I was going to make, I only bought a half yard.
It was the perfect amount for a skirt and it paired really well with a striped pink tshirt I already had in my pile of recycled tshirts. The tshirt was a large women's shirt - so I cut it down and used the top part of my dress pattern to make a shirt Lyssie's size. I finished the bottom with a zig zag and stretched it so that it would have a lacy look to it. I'm really liking that look on the dresses and other items I've been making lately (the few that I have made this year).
The skirt is made from the bottom of the same tshirt. The waist doesn't have any exposed raw edges so that it's comfortable to wear.
I'm happy with the way the set came out and I hope that Lyssie will like it as well. I did make the shirt a little short (didn't really have a choice with the size tshirt I was working with) but I think it'll be perfect for summer... and if that little belly sticks out a little, that's okay by me :)
2 comments:
omg...super cuuute! great job....you are an inspiration. I still don't get how you do it all! ;)
What a cute outfit!
Post a Comment