Picnic in the Snow

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Today the kids got to go to a friends house to play (yay for them - hurray for me and a free afternoon). Before they left, we had a picnic in the snow with their bento boxes. It was fun!


So, here's what they had for lunch - looks much like my normal bentos so I'm not really counting these in my bento history.

Contents: Dinosaur jelly sandwich on top of a bed of shredded carrots, peanuts on top of a pile of wheat thins, string cheese and grapes.

It's amazing how much food you can fit into those little boxes. I'm not sure why... but I had been perplexed lately about some of my little cups for inside the bento boxes. They are a bit shorter than the side of the bento box which means if I used them, the contents would pour out if the bento was tipped. I'm not sure what happened - but it finally occurred to me that I could put something under the cup to give it a little lift and the things under won't shift around. Not only that, but you can fit more food this way. I guess I'm a bit slow.

1 comments:

Toni March 10, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

what a cute and fun picnic, bet the kids loved it, love those dino jelly sandwhiches my four year old would love those.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP