Valentines
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I am happy to already have my son's Valentines done for his class. Getting him to write his name 25 times wasn't a task that I was looking forward to. So we broke it into several sessions and they were done in no time! He is excited to be giving each of his friends one of the buttons that he made. We printed the Valentines on the computer and used a Valentine saying that was appropriate for friends.
In addition to his classmates, we also made special Valentines for his teachers. He has three teachers so we made each of them a heart pin. Lyssie helped as they took a bag of white buttons and strategically decorated each heart. Notice their use of pins to be sure I knew exactly where it was to go. The pins were made from recycled materials. An upholstery fabric on the back that I had used to make my mom a purse for Christmas (it was an old upholstery sample - double recycling!) and tshirt scraps that I have an abundance of. The Valentine pins came out really cute and Robbie is excited to give them to his teachers.


3 comments:
those are SO cute!
Those pins are awesome! He will be so proud handing those out :)
I think you did a great job on the valentines...and a great message too!
Post a Comment